9.2.06

Commix. Religun. Riots, Occam

Aw, crap. I gotta weigh into this one.
Now pay attention!

Whether I'm a pacifist hippy or a full-on religus fundy nutwalla, if you spit in my eye, I'll drop you. It's not about gods, freedoms or politics, it is about insulting a stranger on a bus and feeling too silly about it to back down. Pow! right in the kisser.

That's all.
But while I'm here . . .


The surrounding debate has been addled by guilt and counterspin, so I'll repeat my old mantra - The Left is for and about workering 'poor', it should never be a refuge for intellectual frippery. As most self-proclaimed Leftys these days indulge in little else, I'd suggest some rebadging is in order!

Coogee? Paris? Now it's Toon Town. How far do you think you can push folks around before they come after you? Our current politicians are diseased, their symptoms masked by media megalomaniacs.

Fer cack's sake, break the information monopoly enjoyed by the MSM. Freedom of information implies freedom of speech, why are you all insisting on just the freedom of speech when that implies the freedom to obfuscate? Bloggers have, for the first time, the ability to multiplex data. With genuine F.O.I. legislation and and entertaining blogs, media barons are left with a few bad cartoons.

The Collective Intelligence known to you as the Blogosphere already provides a Hubblesque resolution, the fight is on for the raw data - the secrets our pollies are hiding. Transparency is the grail. Put the bastards in a fishbowl and we can start seriously constructing an Information Age, and money-up a few dozen Tabloid Blog Sites. Imagine the peer pressure to get it right (works for science). Imagine the competition to make it interesting?

Heerffp!

[furball?]

(nope) . . .

No comments: