13.9.05

Civility is Exognomic

Is there enough room between a hillbilly and a hippy to qualify as an exonome? Yep.
The Flute (personable tv game host) asks the Hard One - "Has blogging changed our lives?". Lordy, that's deeper than my bog's plumbing goes, but it does point to something I've been pondering . . . Do Exonomes (as Brownie nicely defines 'em) see blogs the same way as the Social Elites© - those who don't feel quite so alone in a crowd? Posting is all about cammo paint, anon.com, approval, attention, hypocracy, great ideas, generational wisdom; all the stuff that pub lunches were made for. All available in the greater blogopolis where the entertainers and the audience mix freely and happily mug each other.
To all of us who quietly watch and secretly learn what it is to be civilised, this is a great medium. Each of us has part of the answer and agreement isn't arrived at by voting, but by a negotiated consensus - the better answers come from a holistic view, an eclectic eye - something Exonomes should have a knack for.

2 comments:

BwcaBrownie said...

This exonome is an old hippie too (Kings Cross 1968). and an old punk (Crystal Ballroom 1979). and an old Mod (Thumpin' Tum 1966). now I'm just old. but I love reading blogs. anyone on my Links list is an OK Person. Some of them are Really Lovely people and we have off-blog email relationships.
The blogosphere has certainly widened my world. I hope Flutey posts his address on blogs so we can read about ourselves.

hip said...

Good Grief, I got totally exhausted just being a pot-smoking dingbat ("Cocain" at the Arts Factory and busking the Village).
Flutey better post or I'll feign indifference, for a time.